Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introductions are in order!

     Sew Into You is a new and exciting business for me and I hope for many of you too! I have been sewing for over 30 years, but only now have I actually decided to make creating with fabrics a full time endeavor. This business began with a simple request from my grandchild for a ballet bag in mid-summer 2010.  From the fabrication of that tote came a request by my daughters for extra large "fall-flavored" totes to carry shopping.  Then my Mom asked if I could come up with a music tote for her piano students. Pretty soon I was making totes in three sizes, wallets, ipad and kindle covers, a dog carrier and most recently a camera case...all fashioned to match the passion or personality of the individual making the request.  What a good time I am having choosing coordinating fabrics to achieve a form of art that is functional, fun, and reflective of the heart and soul of my clients!  My next endeavor will be to create a double eyeglass case.  I'm looking forward to working on that one, as I often find that switching my own glasses from sunglasses to readers to my regular glasses in a single case is a pain!!
     The desire of  "Sew Into You" is to create a beautiful, well-made product that "turns your passion into fashion" and truly reflects the things you love.  Seasons, coffee, dance, roosters, turtles, thundering horses, gardens, favorite colors and anything one can imagine are just starting off points for creativity to flow into functional art. As I develop my blog I will be adding lots of pictures of what I am working on or have available...and some that are spoken for but can speak volumes to you about the myriad of possibities.

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting mom! I love reading your blog....and I'm ready to order a spring tote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to go Fabric SHOPPING!!! Let's get on it! Springtime here we come!....lots of awesome fabrics just waiting to be turned into personal art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Great pictures! the kindle cover is mine and i love it! My kindle always sits in there for protection. I also have 4 totes and have used all of them at different times and I am currently using one that was made for my AdvoCare business. The totes hold allot and are very strong! The pictures arent posted yet but i have two california poppies totes (two different sizes), a christmas tote, and my AdvoCare tote. I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine too!! Finally got one made for myself after having made 75 for others. LOL! So glad you love those totes. Lots of love goes into each of them.

    ReplyDelete